Marigold flowers may easily be found all over India. Marigold Flowers have large number of species credited to them. They have good Anti-bacterial, Anti-Microbial, Anti-Inflammatory & Anti-Oxidant properties.
Ayurvedically, it is Bitter & Astringent in Taste. It is Light & Dry in Nature (& Hence Pacifies Vitiated Pitta & Kapha). Its Potency is Cooling & Vipaka is Katu (Signifies that it transforms to Pungent taste after Digestion). Marigold flowers are useful in large number of medical conditions, few of which are mentioned as follows:
- Ear Ache: Crush out few drops of Marigold Leaves Juice, mildly heat them such as to make them lukewarm, put two drops in each ear (Effective),
- Eye Ache: Make Paste of Leaves and Apply on Eye Lashes,
- Skin Issues (Acne, Pus Cells, Boils, Itching-Viral Infections): Apply Juice 2-3 Times a Day. Even beneficial would be to add Gaudhan Ark and apply on affected areas,
- Respiratory Problems (Cough-Asthma): Take Marigold Seeds and Rock Candy in Equal Quantities and have it with a cup of Lukewarm Water 2-3 Times a Day,
- Wound-Swelling-Inflammation: Apply Crushed Flower leaves or Juice of all plant parts (Root, Ste, Leaves, Seeds, Flower) on affected areas,
- Bleeding Haemorrhoids: Marigold Leaves/Plant is useful & Is a part of various medicines beneficial for Haemorrhoids:
- Add crushed leaves of few flowers, mix it up with 2-4 Tsp Pure Desi Cow Ghee (A2 Ghee), Mild cook it for a minute or two and have it 2-3 Times a Day,
- Grind 2-3 ‘Full Black Pepper’ with 12-15 Marigold leaves and drink with a cup of lukewarm water,
- To effectively stop the Bleeding, drink a Tsp of Leaves Juice 2-3 Times a Day,
- The Paste of The Leaves/Flowers could be applied on The Inflames Piles Mass…
Consumed/Prepared as Follows:
- Steep few of the flowers (Soak) in water for few hours. Filter out the water, crush out the leaves, you have your Marigold Leaves Juice Ready,
- Boil few leaves in a cup of water and keep boiling till water remains half. Use Cotton Swab and apply on affected parts (Skin-Acne…),
- Directly Cold Pressing the leaves to get Paste/Juice (Which could be applied or drunk).