The Disease is caused by a Virus, ‘Chikungunya’. Two Mosquitoes responsible for this are Aedes Albopictus and Aedes Aegypti. Now, Tiger Mosquito is also a Vector for Chikungunya, Dengue and also has been found to be a vector for Zika Virus.
Signs-Symptoms would include:
Sudden onset of Fever (Leading to High Fever) (High Pitta), Joint Pains (Vitiation of Vata), Rashes (High Pitta), Weakness-Fatigue, Digestive Disorders (Diarrhoea), Redness in Eyes-Conjunctivitis… The whole Fever Cycle could be 15-20 Days, ‘Attack of Virus’, followed By ‘Recouping from Disease’. Joint Pains may linger on (One should try to handle this from Ayurvedic Perspective!). Persistent High fevers could also lead to Neurological Disorders, Though rare but Possible… The Virus/es are transmitted through Mosquito Bites. The ailment is usually not considered Contagious. Presently, no known Vaccines exist (Oct 2016), but the idea is to
live in Mosquito-Insect Free Environment – But Instead of going in for Cancerous-Chemical Laden Mosquito Repellents, Please Burn a Neem-Oil Flame!
Please Follow Under-Mentioned Link for Consolidated List of Lifestyle-Eating Habits, That Must Be Adhered to or As Strictly Followed as Possible:
Now, Let us get to The Cures of Chikungunya: As Per severity, proceed as follows:
Please understand, one “cannot – must not” do all of the remedies provided! These are provided, as what is easily available at one place may not be at another…
- Have Holy Basil Leaves Decoction,
- Make mildly strong Neem Leaves Decoction & add Geloy Juice (Say 1/3rd Cup), Pinch or Two of Dry Ginger (Saunth) & Pinch or Two of Long Pepper (Pippali) Powder. To this add 1-2 Tsp Vedic-A2 Cow Ghee & Jaggery to Taste. Have 2-5 Tsp every few hours (3-4 Times a Day).
- Now, if you Rashes, Burning Sensation in Body parts, Gently Massage the affected Areas with Pure Desi cow Ghee (or, Gentle Massage with Coconut Oil Twice-Thrice a day)..
- A small glass of coconut water (Drink) once a day, 1 hour after Lunch.
- A small glass of Butter-Milk, with ‘A Pinch of Black Pepper Sprinkled’ with or Before Lunch.
- 5 teaspoon of Pure Desi Cow Ghee add to a glass of Boiling water, once-twice a day.
- Finally, for persistent Joint Pains, a glass of Pure Desi Cow Milk (or Double Toned Milk) Boiled along with Pinch (1/6th Tsp each) of Turmeric & Dry Ginger (Saunth), and add at least 1.5 Tsp of Pure Desi Cow Ghee.
Other than Ayurvedic-Unconventional-Natural Remedies could be:
- Colloidal Silver,
- Colloidal Copper,
- 3-5% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide,
- Food Grade Baking Soda,
- Honey with Various Herbs,
- Gaudhan Ark,
- A2 Ghee and/or A2 Ghee added to A2 Milk Boiled with Pinches of Turmeric…and so on…
Unfavourable: Dry Foods, Stale-Refrigerated Foods, Sour Stuff, Hot Spices, Alcohol, Smoking, Indulgence.
Favourable: Only Fruits in the Morning (Black Pepper Sprinkled) (Apples, Papaya, Watermelon, Guava, Strawberries, Sweet Lime, “Wheat Grain Sprouts”, Tomato Soup, Pulses cooked in Open Utensils.
Say Yuck! If you have to, but very effective:
Take 30-45 mL of Gaudhan Ark (Purified-Distilled Pure Desi Cow’s Urine – The A-2 Type), added to appropriate amount of water to make it comfortable to drink, and drink it prior going to sleep and in the morning, empty stomach.
Legal disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.