Now, when we study Ayurveda, we study and learn about the following, that is, the branches of Ayurveda are:
- Kayachikitsa: Inner medicine, deals with soul, mind and body. Talks about body and mind constitutions. There are many medicines, which along with working on Physical Level, also work on The Subtle Level (Say, Brahmi Oil, Pure Desi Cow Ghee…).
- Balachikitsa: Paediatrics (Deals with the treatment of Kids).
- Urdhvanga (or, Salakhya): Treating diseases of head, including eyes, ears, nose, teeth etc. Rishi Sushruta revealed the surgical procedures for eyes, ears, nose and throat.
- Bhuta Vidya (or, Graha Chikitsa): Deals with possession of human beings by spirits or parasites etc. including Psychology, Psychiatry.
- Shalya chikitsa (Shalya Tantra): Surgery! Lot of Ayurvedic surgical tools have been excavated (and, Ayurveda is an Alternative Medicinal System!).
- Damastra Chikitsa (Visha): Toxicology (Antidotes for Poisons, and expelling out of the Poisons from the Body).
- Jara Chikitsa (or, Rasayana chikitsa): Deals with promotive measures (Rejuvenation), old age, people debelited/emancipated.
- Vajikarana: Aphrodisiacs (Works to Increase and Capacitate The Desires in the Body). The Stress of Modern Lifestyle has put many in trouble in regards to their married life, and there is no dearth of Quacks out there; No wonder, this compelled me to do lot of work on this, for males and females, both.