Clove (Syzygium Aromaticum, Lavang, लौंग in Hindi, लक्ष्मीपुष्प or देवकुसुम in Sanskrit):
(V= P- K-) It is Bitter & Pungent in Taste, Unctuous, and Light. Clove-Lavang is also Penetrating and Oily. ‘Virya’ is Cooling. ‘Vipaka’ is Pungent. Flower Buds are most useful.
Bio-Chemically, Clove-Lavang consists of Carbohydrates, fat, Proteins & Minerals. Other than this, it consists of many important Bio-Organic chemicals.
Medicinally, Clove-Lavang cures ‘Anorexia’, ‘Ant flatulent’, ‘Anti-Pyretic’, ‘Relieves Chronic Cough’, ‘Antispasmodic’, Stimulates Salivary Glands, Kidneys and Liver Stimulant, Bad Breath, Relieves Dental Problems, Pacifies Acidity. Useful for Skin Disorders and Cleanses and Heals the wounds. It is Aphrodisiac, Galactagogue, Purifies Breast Milk and Alleviates Nausea-Vomiting in Pregnancy.
Few medicinal benefits:
- Digestive Functions:
- 1/4th teaspoon of Dried-Roasted-Powdered Clove mixed with 1-2 teaspoons of Honey twice a day, one hour before food.
- Morning Sickness:
- A Pinch of Clove Powder, with a teaspoon of Honey.
- Acute cough, Bronchitis, Sinusitis:
- 1/4th teaspoon of Dried-Roasted-Powdered Clove + 1 Teaspoon of Liquorice Powder: Put this Mixture into 2 teaspoons of Honey, and have it twice a day, depending on severity.
- Apply Clove Oil Topically (Externally, on skin)
- Apply clove oil on a cotton stub, keep it between molars, or keep a raw clove in mouth, also between your teeth.
- Joint pains, sprains:
- Apply Clove Oil Topically on Affected Areas.
- Erectile Dysfunction:
- Apply it on the respective part, obviously along with lot of Lifestyle Changes.