Dysentery is inflammation of the intestinal lining and thus causes stool (very thin stool or diarrhoea) with blood. Inflammation of Colon could also be involved.
Causes are Mostly Adulterated water or due to Adulterated Poisonous Food Uncooked food contaminated by Human Faeces). This results in various infections (Viral-Bacterial-Worms etc.) of our intestines. Amoebic Dysentery is caused due Entaemaeba Histolitica.
Symptoms include Thin & Stinking stool, Diarrhoea with Blood (Accompanied with Mucous-Pus), Ache-Constriction in the Abdominal Region, Gas Formation, Tenesmus (System is not cleaned up properly – Straining at Defecation) etc. One may have more than normal sweating, fever (Including High Fever), Delirium (Mental Confusion – In Severe Cases)…
Ayurvedically, Dysentery or Pravahika is a result of eating food cooked in unhealthy oils, Dry-Cold-Stale-Raw… foods which Vitiates Vata & Kapha, with eventual Vitiation of Pitta. Vitiated Vata hampers proper functioning of Colon & Vitiated Kapha leads to Blockages of Channels (Srotas) which leads to excess secretion of Mucous & Hence Pravahika results.
Please understand, Pravahika is contagious and appropriate precautions must be observed.
While implementing remedies for Dysentery, if Diarrhoea results, Please do Not Worry! Small amount of diarrhoea leads to cleaning of small intestines and excess Pitta in the body.
Please Follow Under-Mentioned Link for Consolidated List of Lifestyle-Eating Habits, That Must Be ‘Strictly Adhered to’ or ‘As Strictly Followed as Possible’:
Few Effective cures for Dysentery are:
- Consume fruits-fruit juices, pomegranate juice is the best,
- Have a cup of hot water after food,
- Use of oil (Black Sesame and/or Mustard Oil) is beneficial for internal (Food Preparations) and external use (Body Massage followed by Sweating),
- During Bouts of Diarrhoea: Every few hours take ½ a teaspoon of Black (or Normal) Cumin Seeds (Jeera), Chew it, have ½ a cup of warm water, and that should do well,
- Take 1/4th of Raw Milk (Pure Desi cow, the A-2 Type, or Toned or Double Toned Milk), add 1/4th of Lemon Juice to it and Drink it, good for diarrhoea Control (Please Note you should Drink up the Mixture before the Fermentation Reaction Takes Place),
- Fine mixture of Black pepper or Long pepper when eaten with honey is good for even very old diarrhoea,
- Take Isabhgol with curd,
- Take Mint Leaves Juice (Pudina Ras),
- Roast a Teaspoon or two of Cumin Seeds (Black), Powder it and consume with Curd,
- Take ½ teaspoon of Grated Ginger, Wood apple or Indian Bael Crush, Jaggery, add this mixture to Butter-Milk (Mattha) and drink,
- Mix Rice Starch (Maad) + Bit of Black Pepper + Bit of Roasted Asafoetida (Heeng), and consume,
- Add Rock Candy (Mishri) to Limestone Water (Chuna) water and drink – this stops diarrhoea. Maximum 1-2 wheat grain Limestone to a glass of water, mix well and filter. This medication not to be taken continuously for more than 1 week – lest excess pressure on Kidneys to filter the Blood,
- Take ½-1 Tsp of finely powdered Carom Seeds (Ajwain), a bit of Black Pepper, mix the two and have it warm water,
- Take 2 Haritaki (Harad) Fruits (or Haritaki Powder) and + 4 cloves> Make Decoction (Add the Mixture to app. 300 ml of water, and Boil on Slow Heat, till water remains 200 mL), Add Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) and Drink,
- Take Finely Powdered Turmeric, Roast it on Hot Plate – Tawa, add Black Pepper: Take ½ Tsp of this with cold water twice or thrice a day,
- Take ½-1 Tsp Fennel Seeds (Saumf), Roast it on Hot Plate, make fine powder & Have it Daily with Butter-Milk, with or after your Lunch.
Other Ayurvedic-Unconventional-Natural Remedies could be (No Yuck Factor!):
- Colloidal Silver, Copper & Gold,
- 3-5% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide,
- Food Grade Baking Soda,
- Honey with Various Herbs,
- Organic Wheat Grain Sprouts,
- Melted A2 Ghee added to Nostrils and/or A2 Ghee added to Cooked Pulses/Vegetables and/or A2 Ghee added to A2 Milk Boiled with Pinches of Turmeric…and so on…
Favourable: Lemon, Ginger, Goat’s Milk, Fenugreek Seeds, Asafoetida (Heeng), Plums (Jamun), Vegetable Parval, Kulthi (Horse Gram), Nutmeg (Jaiphal), Kwath (Decoction) of White or Black Cumin seeds.
Unfavourable: Dry-Uncooked Foods, Sweets, Gram Flour or Chick Pea Flour (Besan), Fine Flour Stuff (Maida), Oily food, Stale-Cold-Refrigerated food, Creamy Stuff.
All this accompanied by at least 15-20 minutes of Anulom Velom, and 5-10 minutes of Kapal Bhati in the Morning and Evening. Please do not overstrain your body muscles.
Anyway, in all cases, I would advise all to get your copy of my e-book, A Perfect Lifestyle and Eating Habits, from my E-Book Page (Click Here), which clears Most Myths to Lifestyle-Eating Habits, or Visit: http://www.stayhealthytill70.com/category/lifestyleandeatinghabits/.
Say Yuck! If you have to, but very effective:
Take 15-25 mL of Gaudhan Ark (Purified-Distilled Pure Desi Cow’s Urine – The A-2 Type), added to appropriate amount of water to make it comfortable to drink, and drink it prior going to sleep and in the morning, empty stomach.
Do visit Our Health Kit, to get to see ‘Contents of An Ideal First Aid Kit’ & ‘Few things-Supplements’ We Must Consume on Daily Basis’.
Legal disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.