Please Follow Under-Mentioned Link for Consolidated List of Lifestyle-Eating Habits, That Must Be ‘Strictly Adhered to’ or ‘As Strictly Followed as Possible’:
Few Effective Treatments: for Cough (खांसी) (With or Without Sputum):
- Add a bit of Gur (or Jaggery) to a tea spoon of Desi Cow’s ghee and have this twice a day,
- For old cough, add a spoon of desi cow ghee to a glass of hot milk (Desi Cow, or toned/double-toned milk), also add 1/4th tea spoon of turmeric and drink before going to sleep (If the cough is pretty recent, do not add ghee), If Dry Cough, add 1/4th teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder,
- A tea spoon of ‘Bibhitaki Powder’ with Luke-warm water twice a day. It may induce sleep,
- This is also very beneficial in case of tonsillitis also, which if acute, turmeric can simply be poured directly (1/4th tea spoon) at the base of the mouth, saliva doing the dissolving part. Water may be given only after an hour,
- Ginger Juice (1/2 tea spoon) + Tulsi Ras (1/2 tea spoon), warm this mixture on mild fire for few seconds, add 1 tea spoon of honey (honey is never heated on fire), and consume this three times a day,
- Sitopaladi Churna: Useful in many respiratory related problems, including fever, inflammation of nose, or even asthma etc,
- For dry cough: Sitopaladi Churna + Ghee + Honey, in the ratio as, 2 grams + 5 mL + 2.5 mL,
- For cough with sputum: Sitopaladi Churna + Licourise powder (Mulhethi, in Hindi) + Honey, in the ratio as, ½ tea spoon + ½ tea spoon + 2 tea spoons,
- For kids, reduce the dose by half.
Favourable: Thinned Daliya, Wheat, Pulses or Vegetable Soup, Green Vegetables, Dates, Easily Digestible food, Lukewarm Water, Awla, Orange, Garlic, Desi Cow Ghee (Limited), Rock Salt (Sendha Namak), Gur/Jaggery, Black Pepper.
Unfavourable: Sweet & Sour (Except Lemon), Milk, Oily or Roasted Stuff, Salt (Except Rock Salt), Refined Oils, Potato, Heavy Foods, Eating Food Late at Night, Liquor, Smoking, Refrigerated or Stale Stuff, Curd, Banana, Rice. That is to avoid things which are rich in carbohydrates, and hence would be Kapha Producing.
All this accompanied by at least 10 minutes of Bhastrika (Deep Breathing), 30 minutes of Anulom Velom, and 20 minutes of Kapal Bhati in the Morning and Evening. Ujjayi Pranayama and Swedana Therapy (Induced Sweating, using Abhyanga or Otherwise) is very Beneficial. Please do not overstrain your body muscles.
Anyway, In all cases, I would advise all to get your copy of my e-book, A Perfect Lifestyle and Eating Habits, from my E-Book Page (Click Here). This will provide all the applicable theory behind the precautions (or visit: http://www.stayhealthytill70.com/category/lifestyleandeatinghabits/).
Caution: Please follow the advice after due Professional Medical Consultation. You accept that you are following any advice given anywhere in this website, after due diligence and at your own responsibility.
Say Yuck! If you have to, but very effective for Cough (खांसी)(With or Without Sputum):
Take 30-45 mL of Gaudhan Ark (Purified-Distilled Pure Desi Cow’s Urine – The A-2 Type), added to appropriate amount of water to make it comfortable to drink, and drink it prior going to sleep and in the morning, empty stomach.