Dashmoola-Combination of 10 Medicinal Plant Roots: It may also be spelt as Dashmula or simply Dashmul. It is Sweet and Astringent. Virya is Warming. Vipaka is Pungent. Specifically Calms Vata, but has Pacifying action on Kapha also (& Has Balancing Effect on All Three Doshas!!). As such, has positive effect on organs located in Vata Regions of the body (Ears [Improves Hearing], Bladder, Kidneys, Pelvis-Pelvic Region-Colon, Lower Limbs).
For Chronic Vata Vitiated Cases The Decoction to be used in conjugation with Yogaraj Guggulu.
Ingredients: Dashmula Consists of 10 Roots (Mula is root) which are, Agnimantha Root (Premna Integrifolia), Bilwa Root (Aegle Marmelos), Patala Root (Stereospermym Suaveolens), Kashmari Root (Gmelina Arborea), Kantakari Root (Solanum Xanthocarpum), Shalaparni Root (Desmodium Gangeticum), Prashniparni (Uraria Picta), Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris), Shyonaka Root (Oroxylum Indicum), Bruhati Root (Solanum Indicum).
Indications (Medicinal Uses): It Nurtures & Strengthens Body Tissues (Especially Plasma, Muscle & Bones), is Anti-Inflammatory (Body Ache & Stiffness, Fatigue, Analgesic, Antispasmodic), is Metabolic-Immune System Booster (Eliminates Dead Cells & Regenerates New cells, Oedema (Water Retention), Anaemia, Haemorrhoids, Fibromyalgia-May also be termed Neural Disorder) & has positive effects on Digestive System (Mandagni-Indigestion, Nausea, Carminative, Anti-Flatulent, Anorexia), Respiratory System (Cough & Cold, Bronchitis, Asthma, General Lungs Health), Circulatory System (Atherosclerosis, Skin Health), Neural System (Has Calming Effect-Neuroprotective, Anti-Paralytic, Sciatica, Insomnia), Joints-Muscle-Bone Health (Anti-Inflammatory, Joint Pains, Osteo-Gout-Rheumatoid Arthritis), Excretory & Reproductive System (Tonifies Kidneys & Liver, Male-Female Infertility, Relieves Jaundice, Post Pregnancy Pains, Cleanses-Detoxifies Uterine-General uterine Tonic, UTI Infections, Urinary Calculi)…
How may we consume Dashmoola-Combination of 10 Medicinal Plant Roots-Dosage:
- If in form of Powder (Churna) (Say 1-3 Pinches at a time with Ghee, Honey or Warm Water),
- Decoction (Especially after Delivery it helps in regaining Uterine Strength!),
- Decoction used for Enema: (Mix equal amounts of Warm decoction & Black Sesame Oil, Hold for at least 15-20 Minutes),
- Dashmoola Oil (Best & Authentic ones are made with Black Sesame Oil as Base) (Start with Drops or a tsp to a cup of warm-hot water morning empty stomach or before meals);
- Dashmoola Oil-Abhyanga Swedana Therapy: Complete Body Massage to be followed up by ‘As much Sweating as Possible’. Keep away from Direct or Fast Blowing Wind,
- Tablets, Take 1 or 2 Tablets (say, Not Exceeding 500 mg a day, in the start & slowly increasing as per Severity) with ½ a glass of hot water, with a Tsp of Pure Desi Cow-A2 Ghee added,
- Tea: Add a Tsp of Dashmoola Powder to little more than a cup of water and simmer-boil till it remains just less than a cup. As it becomes drinkable, add a Tsp or Two of Jaggery or Honey. Have it at least twice a week.
Contra-Indications: None known unless taken in Abnormal Amounts (In which case it may Vitiate Pitta). Still concerned, start at very low doses, few pinches, see its effects on your particular Dosha Combination & increase dosage as may be required.
Legal Disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.