In the Post I firstly cover Primary Passages for Diseases to Travel in Body, Movement of Doshas from G.I.Tract to External Tract, Indications of a Healthy-Diseased Body
- The Three Primary Passages for Diseases to Travel in Body:
- The Inner Passage Composed of ‘The Abdominal Region’, G.I.Tract, Stomach, Intestines, Colon etc. Disease has not yet spread to other Sites, and is in its Accumulative and Provocative State.
If Deranged, it leads to Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Fever, Cholera, Cough, Dyspnoea, Hiccup, Hardness of Bowels, Abdominal Enlargement, Spleen Enlargement, Oedema, Gaseous Tumour, Piles Abscess, Herpes etc…
Mostly Comprises of the Kapha Ailments.
- The External passage Composed of ‘The Dhatus and The twak (Skin and its Rasa Dhatu), and Blood. This composes the Superficial Tissues.
If Deranged, it leads to Boils (Usual, Diabetic), Glands, warts, Scrofula, Granuloma, Moles, Leprosy, Oedema, Gaseous Tumours, Piles, Abscess Swelling & Other External Diseases.
Having spread out and away from The Central Channel, these ailments are more difficult to cure than those in The Central Channel (Includes, Skin, lymph and Blood Toxicity related problems). The Doshas, have so called, Overflown to these regions from The Inner Channel.
Mostly Comprises of the Pitta Ailments.
- The Middle Passage Composed of ‘The Vital Parts (Urinary Bladder, Heart, Head, etc.), Bone-Joints and Bound Ligaments and Dhatus in Tendons.
If Deranged, it leads to Hemiplegia, stiffness of sides, Convulsion, facial paralysis, wasting, TB, pain in Bone-joints, Prolapse of rectum, Diseases of Head, heart and urinary Bladder (Including Nerve Tissue).
Herein, Doshas have penetrated to the deepest tissues of the body and are responsible for all severe ailments, say Cancer, AIDS, Kidney Failure etc. This Channel affects the five Body Tissues, which are: Muscle, Fat, Bone, Marrow & Shukra.
Mostly Comprises of the Vata Ailments.
Why Doshas move obliquely from G.I.Tract to External Tract (The Dhatus):
There may be variety of reasons for this, such as,
- Intensive Heat,
- Unwholesome Food and Lifestyle,
- Aggravation of ‘Vata’.
Once the doshas have moved into the tissues/ extremities, they will stay there, passively waiting. Once the doshas [from the G.I. tract] get vitiated, the doshas in the tissues/ extremities will become aggravated.
The Doshas in the extremities never vitiate at improper place or time, and wait for in-opportune moment for the doshas in the GI Tract to get vitiated.
Now the cure: The Vitiated Doshas in The external Tract are taken care of By Clearing the Body Srotas (Channels), Appropriate Herbs to Pacify The Appropriate Dosha; Body Massage, Fomentation and Sweating. The Doshas come into the GI tract of the body, form where they are purged out of the body.
First we should treat that Dosha which is not resident at its native place, especially if it is strong Dosha. Though, if the resident Dosha is strong, it should be treated first.
Few Indications of a Healthy or a Diseased Body:
- Absence of Palpitations, a Healthy/Normal Heart Beat.
- Colour of Tongue: A White Tongue indicates AMA in the body, Cracked Tongue indicates Pain in The Body Parts, and a Pink-Clean Tongue indicates a Healthy Body.
- While feeling Palpations in the abdominal Region, there should be no pain/unease felt.