Dandruff (Even More Aggravated form is Medically Called Seborrheic Dermatitis) is a condition in which the skull skin gets Red, Itchy & gets covered with White-Yellowish Flakes. Split Ends (Medically Trichoptilosis) is simply Splitting-Fraying of Hair Shafts (Mostly at Ends).
Modern Science (As in Many Other Cases!) is unclear on exact Reasons for Dry Skull-Dry Hair-Dandruff-Split Ends (Exact Ayurvedic Reasons are provided in next Paragraph). Probable Causes for Dandruff are Dry Skull which invariably leads to Dandruff (Ancient & Modern Guys are One on This!), Fungal Infection due Fungus ‘Malassezia’, which feeds on Hair Follicle’s Secretions, Poor Hygiene which Hinders Normal Skull Metabolism, ‘Chemical Laden Soaps-Shampoos’, ‘Side-Effects of Few medicines’, ‘Tinea Capitis (Again a Scalp Fungal Infection)’, Medical Conditions such as Psoriasis, Eczema, Mental Stress & Ageing. Nutrition wise it could be due Deficiency of Vitamin B-Complex (Present amply in such an easily available Lemon Fruit-Plant it at your Home!). Probable Causes for Split Hair are ‘Mal-Rough Handling of our Hair – Roughly Brushing Entangled Hair, Blowing Hot Air’, Stress-Anxiety, Nutritional Imbalance-Deficiency, Poor Hygiene, Side-Effects of Chemicals-Medicines, Not Having Enough Water-Liquids in Our Diet…Pollutants-Allergens (Industrial Effluents-Dust-Smoke-Harmful gases…) could cause any of Dry Hair-Dry Skull-Split Ends-Dandruff.
Ayurvedic Causes for Dry Hair-Dry Skull-Split Ends-Dandruff is simply vitiation of Vata (Nervous System) & Pitta (High Hormonal-Metabolic Activity due Consumption of Hot-Pungent-Spicy Foods). This is directly related to ‘The Modern Habits!!’ which many a times completely avoids Oils & Ghee from Meals Preparation. Please understand ‘Unctuousness’ is Utterly Essential & Divine for our Body. Other important aspect is intake of high amounts of Dry & Rough Stuff in Our Meals (Such as Eating Excess of Almonds – Without dipping in Water for Some Time or Finely Milled Wheat flour (Maida) Stuff.
Symptoms denoting Dry Hair-Dry Skull would be Dandruff. At times, Dandruff could also be accompanied by Scaly patches on the Skull (Which Indicates a Fungal Infection). These Scaly Patches may Eventually Turn Bald. Split Hair (Wrongly called Split Ends) such that hair get Split at Ends and Anywhere along The Hair Shaft.
Please Follow Under-Mentioned Link for Consolidated List of Lifestyle-Eating Habits, That Must Be ‘Strictly Adhered to’ or ‘As Strictly Followed as Possible’:
Effective Natural-Home Remedies to Dry Hair-Dry Skull-Split Ends-Dandruff:
- Hair Washing/Application with any of the following (Say 30-60 Minutes Prior Shower) is Healthy & Helpful in case/es of Dry Hair-Dry Skull-Split Ends-Dandruff:
- Lukewarm A2 Ghee + Almond Oil,
- Olive Oil Massage – Overnight,
- Amla Juice,
- ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) + Water (1:2): Let it be for 15-30 Minutes & Wash your Hair,
- Aloe Vera Juice,
- Coconut Oil,
- Lemon + Water (1:5),
- Garlic + Honey Paste,
- Egg Yolk (Non GMo) + Honey (1:1),
- Bhringamalaka Oil (main Ingredients: Bhringa & Amalaka),
- Heat a Spoon on fire for a minute or two, shut off the fire, Pour A2-Desi cow Ghee on Hot Spoon (Preferably Herbalised), Ghee Melts, Use dropper to put 2 drops to each Nostril (Thrice a day),
- An Hour or Two after Dinner: Add a Pinch (or Two) of Turmeric to a Glass of A2 Milk, Boil Together for a Minute or Two, Take it off Heat, Add 1-2 Tsp A2-Desi-Vedic Cow Ghee, Drink as Temperature Becomes Drinkable,
- A Tsp Triphala Powder with a Glass of Warm Water Prior Going to Sleep.
Other Ayurvedic-Unconventional-Natural Remedies could be (No Yuck Factor!):
- Colloidal Silver, Copper & Gold,
- 3-5% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide,
- Food Grade Baking Soda,
- Honey with Various Herbs,
- Organic Wheat Grain Sprouts,
- Melted A2 Ghee put to Nostrils and/or A2 Ghee added to Cooked Pulses/Vegetables and/or A2 Ghee added to A2 Milk Boiled with Pinches of Turmeric…and so on…
Favourable: Milk, Butter-Milk, Ghee, Coconut Oil (Apply on head-Skull after Your Shower).
Unfavourable: Hot-Pungent-Spice Foods, Salt, Sour (Except Lemon, in Daytime), Dry & Rough Foods, Potato-Brinjal-Rice (At Night), Onion (At Night), Stale-Refrigerated Foods.
Anyway, In all cases, I would advise all to get your copy of my e-book, A Perfect Lifestyle and Eating Habits, from my E-Book Page (Click Here), which clears Most Myths to Lifestyle-Eating Habits, or Visit: http://www.stayhealthytill70.com/category/lifestyleandeatinghabits/.
Say Yuck! If you have to, but very effective (The Above Treatment is more than enough):
- Add 20-30 mL Gaudhan Ark to say 200 mL of Water. To this add 1 Tsp Each of Aritha, Shikakai & Indian Gooseberry (Amla) Powder. Heat-Boil the mixture, apply as it cools down, wash after 15-30 minutes).
Do visit Our Health Kit, to get to see ‘Contents of An Ideal First Aid Kit’ & ‘Few things-Supplements’ We Must Consume on Daily Basis’.
Legal disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.