In regards to Administering Medicines for Pacifying various Body Doshas, following should be kept in mind:
- Head Diseases are removed through the nose (Nose is a Gateway to Head).
- Colon diseases are healed through Enemas.
- Strong persons take herbs in the morning on an empty stomach. Weak persons mix herbs with a light meal.
- Disorders related to the Lower Body (Apana): [Stool, Urine, Gas, Semen, Menstrual and Pregnancy Herbs] Herbs are taken before the meals.
- Pervasive Ailments (Samana): Herbs are taken during the Lunch.
- Vyana Disorders: Herbs are taken after Breakfast and Lunch.
- Udana Diseases: Herbs are taken after Dinner. Also, For Diseases of Organs above the Neck – Medicines are Given at Bed Time.
- Prana Ailments: Herbs are taken between bites of food.
- Cough, Thirst and Difficult Breathing: Herbs are used frequently.
In terms of V, P & K, Above May also be Stated as such:
- Vata conditions, herbs are taken before meals to quickly reach the lower areas.
- Pitta conditions require herbs with meals to affect the middle portions of the body (Pitta Organs).
- For Kapha conditions, herbs are taken immediately after meals to help with upper torso conditions.