How Diseases Develop:
Ayurveda talks about 6 stages of disease development:
- Accumulation: This happens in the three Dosha sites, Stomach, Small Intestine or The Large Intestine.
- Aggravation: The symptoms as noted with accumulation of Doshas at their sites, start moving out to the other sites. The person experiences, Pain & Spasm in Abdomen, Gas & Rumbling in bowels, Light-Headedness (For Vata); Increased acidity, burning sensation in abdomen, lowered vitality, insomnia (Pitta); and, Loss of appetite, indigestion, nausea, excess saliva, heaviness in head and heart, oversleeping.
- Overflow: Dosha site => GI Tract => Circulating plasma & Blood.
- Moving & Localisation at Distant Site/s: Doshas take the Easiest/Weakest route.
- Manifestation: Symptoms become to appear clearly.
- Chronic Stage: Blown out stage for Vata, Pitta & Kapha. The Doshas show prominent signs at respective times of the day.
Understanding AMA: Now, improper food that we eat, one which doesn’t get digested, assimilated or excreted from the system, stays on in the body, sticks around, ferments, and forms layers, called AMA.
Heavy, Rough (Non-Unctuous), Cold, Dry, Disliked, Distending, Burning, Unclean, Antagonistic, Taken Untimely, and also, While Afflicted by Emotions (Passion, Anger, Greed, confusion, envy, bashfulness, grief, conceit, excitement and fear), excessively Pungent food (Harmful to Channels).
People suffering from Indigestion experiencing Abdominal Pains, should never take Pain Killers. The Jatharagni, is already having a hard time being associated with AMA, and will not be able to digest the drugs that you have just taken in, and may even aggravate the situation.
Diseases produced by AMA, get relieved by Not Feeding the body, which depends on the state of the various Doshas. If small, Fasting; If a bit more, then the Purifactory Therapies.
The best foods to be taken regularly through life: Rice, pulses, rock salt, fruits, barley, rain water, milk, ghee, honey.