This is primarily a Pitta Disorder, though Vata may be a secondary reason (and so too Kapha!). Some derangement of all the humours is involved in almost any ailment.
Even if your Kidneys are at least working approximately 35-40%, I really feel, it should not be such a big issue to raise their functionality to at least some decent level. Few things which could be really useful in optimizing the Kidney Functions, and may work as ‘Effective Kidney Builders’ are:
- Punarnava Mandoor: 500mg, 1 tablet, 45 minutes before dinner,
- Brahmi: Taken as Decoction or Powder (Churna),
- Shilajit – Black Version – Sat or Rasayana Vati (Capsules),
- Gokshura: Taken as Decoction or Churna.
Other than the herbs mentioned above, following is very beneficial for Kidney Related Problems:
- In your Daily Routine, Sweat as much as you can, this reduces the pressure on Kidneys, as much toxins are released by way of sweating,
- Apply Pure Desi Ghee to Foot Soles, and Rub them on Bronze Utensils (कंस के बर्तन) (Bell Metal, or Bronze Utensils),
- Put 2 drops of Pure Desi Cow Ghee to each nostrils twice a day,
- Apply 2-3 drops of Pure Desi Cow Ghee to naval, massage the area and sleep,
- Take a glass of Pure Desi Cow Milk, add equal amount of water, boil it along with Barley Daliya (Broken small pieces of Barley), add Rock Candy and consume it.
Following Pranayamas are really beneficial:
- Anulom Velom: Do as much as you may. You may even do this up to 1.5 hours morning and evening, with as much breath retention as is practicable.
- Kapal Bhati: 30 minutes or more as is comfortable, morning and evening.
If any medication gives lot of burning sensation, or dryness in the system, reduce it to half and then slowly increase the dose. Increase the consumption of Pure Desi Cow Ghee. If Kapha excess is involved, use Pure Honey.
Favourable: Barley Water, Coconut, Dates (Dipped Overnight)
Unfavourable: Sour, Oily, Cold/Refrigerated Stuff. Tomato, Potato, Rice, Curd, Banana, Urad Daal, Raw Salt, Exposure to Blowing Air.
Anyway, In all cases, I would advise all to get your copy of my e-book, A Perfect Lifestyle and Eating Habits, from my E-Book Page (Click Here). This will provide all the applicable theory behind the precautions (or visit: http://www.stayhealthytill70.com/category/lifestyleandeatinghabits/).
Now, say Yuck! If you have to, but following is very beneficial, as a kidney Builder.
Gaudhan-Ark: Early morning, take 20-30 ml of Desi Gaudhan Ark in a glass; add as much water as is required to enable you to drink the mixture comfortably. Similarly take 20 ml of Gaudhan ark + water before sleeping/going to bed.
Caution: Please follow the advice after due Professional Medical Consultation. You accept that you are following any advice given anywhere in this website, after due diligence and at your own responsibility.