What Vitamin B-2 is: As Others it Produces Energy for The Body. Also, Riboflavin is an Anti-Oxidant and wards of free radicals in the Body. Free Radicals, in excess Damage Body Systems (Including DNA) and Lead to or May lead to Ageing Process.
Riboflavin makes Vitamin B6 & Folate Bio-Available to The Body. Very important for Proper Growth of our Body (Including Tissue Maintenance) and for The Production of RBC’s (& Antibodies) in our Body. B-2 helps absorption of Other Nutrients in the Body.
Functions-Benefits of Vitamin-B2: Required for – Supports following in our Body:
- Nerve, Heart, Eye, Muscle & Skin Health,
- Converts Tryptophan (An Amino Acid) into Niacin (Vitamin B3),
- Hormones Production by Adrenal Glands,
- Along with Vitamin A, supports good health of Abdominal Mucous Membranes..
Reasons for Shortage of Vitamin-B2: Improper-Unbalanced Diet and/or side-effects of Modern evelopment/s.
Vitamin-B2 Deficiency May Lead to:
- Ariboflavinosis (Mouth Lesions-Excessive Oiliness of Skin & Hair),
- Fatigue (Chronic),
- Digestive Problems,
- Dormant Growth,
- Lip Cracks-Sores,
- Red-Violet Tongue,
- Eye Problems (Fatigue, Muscle Weakness, Light Sensitivity, Possibly Cataract…),
- Autism and many more…
Rich Source of Vitamin-B2:
Plant Sources: Almonds, Whole Grains, Wheat Germ, Wild Rice, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Spinach, Black Sesame Seeds Oil, Chillies (!), Leafy Green Vegetables, Asparagus, Pumpkin (+Seeds), Molasses.
Fruit Sources: Pine-Apple, and not many…
Animal Sources: A2 Ghee & Milk, Yoghurt, Eggs,
My View it is Best to Avoid Synthetic Supplements and Only Go in For Organic Sources.
Daily Recommended Values:
Birth to 13 Years: Less Than 1 mg;
Rest: 1 To 1.5 to 2 mg/Day.