What Vitamin B-6 is: It is available in various Chemical Form (isomers-Inter-Convertible such as Pyridoxine 5’-Phosphate (P5P), Pyridoxal, Pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (PLP), Pyridoxamine 5’-Phosphate and so on…). The Metabolically Active Form is PLP, which Plays following roles in the Body:
- Helps body make several Neurotransmitters (Carry signals from one nerve cell to another),
- Aids in Normal Brain Functioning & Development,
- Helps body in manufacture of Hormones Serotonin and Norepinephrine (Body’s Mood & Circadian Clock),
- Helps (In Collaboration with B12 & B9) control levels of Amino Acid Homocysteine (heart Regulatory Functions),
- Helps Body absorb B12,
- Helps making RBC’s,
- Keeps Immune Level Intact,
- Good Skin Health…
Reasons for Shortage of Vitamin-B6: Bad Diet & ‘Bad Medicines!’
Vitamin-B6 Deficiency may lead to:
Fatigue, Muscle Ache (Helps Control Muscular Degeneration), Psychometric Problems (Nervousness, Depression, Irritability, Memory Loss), Various Skin Ailments…
Rich Source of Vitamin-B6:
Plant Sources: Cereals, Lentils, Beans, Spinach, Carrots, Brown Rice, Wheat Germ, Wheat, Chillies, Black Sesame Seeds Oil, Lemon Juice…
Fruit Sources: Pine-Apple, Bananas…
Animal Sources: A-2 Milk, Cheese…
My View it is best to Avoid Synthetic Supplements and Only Go in For Organic Sources.
There could be high loss of Vitamin-B6 in eatables due Cooking, Processing or Storing for many Hours. (Anyway, I have mentioned, Not to Eat State food is Essential First Step in handling First Side of The Triangle!).
Daily Recommended Values: For Adults DRV ranges Upto 2 mg/Day.