After Calcium, Phosphorous is the most Abundant Mineral in The Body. Unique fact is that around 85% of Body’s Phosphorous in Body’s Bones & Teeth. 1% of an Adult’s Weight is made up of Phosphorous. It is Antagonistic to Aluminium, Calcium, Iron, Copper, Zinc, Beryllium, Magnesium & Manganese. It is closely related to Calcium Metabolism in the Body. It is usually found in our Body as Phosphates, is Major Constituent of Cell Membranes, Plays an Important Role in Nutrients Transport through Cell Membranes and is Responsible for Cellular Homeostasis (Chemical balance within cells) (It is found in Every cell of Our Body! And, processing of White Sugar completely removes Macro Elements like calcium & Phosphorous!!! Please go for Natural Sugar-Sweeteners Only – Jaggery-Sugarcane Juice-Molasses-Honey!!!!!).
What Phosphorous Does? Performs following function:
- (Along with Ca) gives us strong Bones & Teeth (Helps in Formation of Same),
- Aids in Kidney Function of Filtering out Wastes from the Body,
- Plays a Role in Storage & Usage of Energy in the Body (Assists in Carbohydrates & fats Metabolism – Production of ATP) (Remember, Our Elders always used to advise us to have Jaggery after Meals!!!),
- Essential for Growth, Maintenance & Repair of Body’s Cells & Tissues (Aids in Protein Synthesis),
- Required for Production of Genetic Building Blocks (RNA/DNA),
- Helps Maintain Balance of Other Vitamins & Minerals (Such as, Vitamin-B, Vitamin-D, Iodine, Magnesium & Zinc),
- Cures High Blood Calcium Levels.
Reasons for Shortage of Phosphorous: Excess White Sugar, Diabetes, Anorexia, Alcoholism, IBS, Side-Effects of Medicines (Such as Antacids, Diuretics…)
Phosphorous Deficiency may lead to:
- Poor Bone Growth-Fragile-Stiff Bones,
- Kidney Mal-Function,
- Weight Change,
- Circulatory System Disorders – Irregular Breathing,
- Nervous System (Neuro-Transmitters) Disorders – Anxiety, Irritability, Numbness.
Rich Source of Phosphorous:
Plant Sources: Whole Grains, Legumes, Nuts, Potatoes, Garlic Cloves, Cauliflower, Corn,
Animal Sources: Milk (A2 Milk), Other High Protein Sources (Such as Meat, Poultry, Fish…), Eggs,
Daily Recommended Values:
Adults: App. 0.7 to 1 Gram/Day.
Ideal Calcium-Phosphorous ratio in The Body should be around 1.7:1
Excess Phosphorous has its own Problems: Results due Taking Phosphorous Sources and not Having Enough Calcium Sources. Excess ‘P’ also increase Heart Ailments. Delicate Balance of Phosphorous & Calcium is Must for Body Metabolism.