What Chromium Does? The Trivalent (+3) form is predominantly found in the body. Is involved in following in our Body:
- Regulates function of Insulin (Conversion of Sugar-Starch to Energy) to control Blood Sugar Levels,
- Due above, it thus affects Proteins (Their Synthesis) & Fats Metabolism in The Body.
Reasons for Shortage of Chromium: Ageing, Excess Physical Labour, Excess White Sugar…
Chromium Deficiency may lead to:
- Diabetes (Including LDL, VLDL, Triglycerides…),
- Heart Ailments,
- Nerve Disorders,
Rich Source of Chromium:
Plant Sources: Broccoli, Whole Grains, Barley, Oats, Cereals, Green Beans, Tomatoes, Wheat Germ, Brown Rice, Molasses, Mushrooms, Asparagus.
Herbs: Black Pepper, Aloe Vera), Thyme, Cinnamon.
Fruit Sources: Nuts (Brazil Nuts, Cashew Nuts), Dates, Grapes, Oranges, Apple, Banana, Pears.
Animal Sources: Cheese, A-2 Desi Cow Milk, Organic Eggs, Oysters, Turkey, Mussles.
Chromium uptake is enhanced when given along with Vitamin-C.
Daily Recommended Values:
Adults: 25 – 50 mcg/Day.
- The oxidative form Cr+6 is Carcinogenic for the body,
- Excess of Human Absorbable ‘+3 form’ is readily excreted through The Urinary System,
- Excess of anything (Especially Synthetic-Supplements) is bad and is bound to have ill effects on our Body Organs (Especially Kidneys!).