Silica actually is Silicon Dioxide, is Colourless and is insoluble in water. The form which is readily absorbed by Humans is Orthosilicic Acid. It is an Essential Trace Element and is found in our Body at a level of 260 ppm. In our Body it is found in Aorta, Tendons, Bones, Liver & Kidneys. Presence of Silicon in Our Diet Boosts Benefits of Calcium, Vitamin-D & Glucosamine. Approximately 7 Grams of Silicon is found in our Body.
Silicon bonds with Aluminium in Foods-Beverages and prevents accumulation of Aluminium in The Body.
What Silica Does?
- Maintains Strong Bones (Along with Calcium-Healthy Connective Tissues),
- Hardens-Strengthens Tooth Enamel,
- Hair-Skin & Finger-Nails Growth (Silica is also called Beauty Mineral!),
- Proper function of Nervous System,
- Synthesis of Vitamin B-1 in The Body,
- Tissue-Organ Repair & Healing (Beneficial for our Immune System),
- Maintains Body’s Mucous Linings,
- pH Balance in the body,
- Effective Anti-Parasitical,
- Essential Role in absorption of few of the minerals such as Calcium, Iron, Magnesium & Potassium (Aids Maintain Calcium-Magnesium Balance in the Body).
Reasons for Shortage of Silica: Unbalanced Diet, Side-Effects of Many medicinal Drugs.
Silica Deficiency may lead to:
- Deformities in Skull-Peripheral Bones,
- Poor Joints-Bones-Cartilage Health-Brittle Nails,
- Mineral Imbalance between various Body Parts,
- Nerve Disorders – Insomnia – Alzheimer’s Disease,
- Heart Ailments – Atherosclerosis,
- Skin Ageing & Poor Hair Health (Wrinkles, Hair Loss-Thinning of Hair).
Rich Source of Silica:
Plant Sources: Whole Grains, Barley, Millet, Oats, Cereals, Corn, Nuts (Almonds, Dates, Walnuts, Peanuts), Seeds (Flaxseed), Alfalfa, Kelp, Asparagus, Beets (Red-Beets), Cucumber, Carom Seeds (Celery-Ajwain), Carrots, Turnips, Tomatoes, Dandelion, Lettuce, Green Leafy Vegetables, Pumpkin, Parsnip (चुकंदर), Nettle, Asparagus, Onions…
Silicon in Food is Assimilated by Stomach Acid into Orthosilicic Acid, which gets absorbed directly Through the Stomach & Intestinal Walls into The Blood.
Again, Remember, Refining & Processing of Foods (Along with food Additives-Preservatives) Removes Silicon Containing Fibres from Our Diet.
Fruit Sources: Oranges, Berries, Strawberries, Grapes, Cherries, Plum, Apples, Raisins, Figs, Guavas…
Animal Sources: Honey, A2-Ghee, A2-Milk, A2-Curd…
Daily Recommended Values: Various Research reports suggest it to be essential for the body though no DRV has been set for it.
Adults: 10 – 50 mg/Day.
- Large amounts of Course Silica would lead to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.