Gunas: Being Sweet & Sour, Pineapple would Add to Pitta and Kapha and Would Decrease Vata.
Bio-Chemically: A rich source of many vitamins, Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, A rich source of Vitamin C, minerals like Potassium (K) Manganese, Copper, Folic Acid, and has lot of fibre, and hence will be helpful in removing ‘AMA’ from the body, if it is there. It is a good Anti-Oxidant. Consists of enzyme Bromelain, which helps break down various proteins in the body. It is known to possess anti-inflammatory properties.
It has a very low concentration of Sodium, and hence helps in regulating Blood Pressure.
Fresh fruits are always better than juices. Fresh Fruits, including Pineapples have Fibrous Part which is extremely essential for the body.
Few Health-Medicinal Benefits:
- It Boosts up The Immune System of the Body,
- Adds to bone Strength,
- Being High in Vitamin-A Content, support Good Eye Vision,
- Helpful in handling Macular Degeneration,
Macula is at the Central Zone of Retina, has High Concentration of Photosensitive Cells, and is Responsible for Enabling Fine Vision Details.
Pineapple is High in Antioxidants and vitamin-C, and Thus is Helpful in This Condition.
- Adds to Digestive Health,
- Has Exhibited Anti-Inflammatory Benefits,
- Due High in Antioxidants (and Other Bio-Ingredients), is Helpful in Increasing Fertility of Both males and females,
- Supports good Heart Health, due High Fibrous Content, Vitamin-C & Potassium.
- Helpful in Cough-Cold-Sinus etc. again due high in Vitamin-C Content.
Please Keep Following in Mind:
- Fruits should only be taken in Breakfast Time.
- It might be a good habit to Sprinkle Black pepper, Small & Large Cardamom onto Your Breakfast Fruits.
Contra-Indications: Excess of anything is bad, and in this case may lead to Diarrhoea, or even menstrual bleeding. Thus, pregnant women are cautioned.
Other thing to keep in mind is that Pineapple Being High in Potassium Content is advised in Limited Quantities for Patients with Kidney Issues.a