Pleurisy (or Pleuritis) is the inflammation of the Pleural Tissue Layers (Linings of the Rib Cage and Double Layered Membrane surrounding The Lungs) of the lungs, primarily due accumulation of Fluids. So the ultimate aim is to dry the lungs, thereby helping them regain their normal functioning. Hence, at the outset, induces sweating would play a major role in getting rid of this situation.
Other less common types are Dry Pleurisy (Pleura filled with Fibrous Tissue) & Purulent Pleurisy (Pleura filled with Dead Cells-Pus).
Symptoms are Difficult Breathing, Gasping, Difficult Movement, Severe Chest Pain, Loss of Appetite, Hair Loss, Severe Constipation…
Usually Pleurisy is Caused by Viral Infections but could also result due Bacterial Infections (Pneumonia, TB…) or other ailments (Including Injuries, Medicinal Side-Effects). Other probable causes could be mal-functioning of Kidneys (Not being able to remove bad fluids-uric acid of body which then get accumulated in these linings), or Lung Cancer and so on…
Depending on severity, it may last Upto few weeks.
Ayurvedically, Pleurisy or Paarshava Shoola involves Vitiation of all Three Doshas (VPK). The accumulation of Vayu in Lungs signifies Vata Vitiation, Inflammation signifies Pitta Vitiation, Vitiated Pitta Liquefies Kapha leading to filling of Pleura with Contaminated fluids (Pus). Finally, Vitiated Kapha would straight away lead to Diminished Digestive Fire (Mandagni).
Please Follow Under-Mentioned Link for Consolidated List of Lifestyle-Eating Habits, That Must Be ‘Strictly Adhered to’ or ‘As Strictly Followed as Possible’:
Few effective cures are:
- Daily night before sleeping, ½ a glass of Pure Desi Cow Milk, boiled with 1/4th – 1/5th teaspoon of turmeric. 2-3 teaspoons of Pure Honey to be added when the milk cools down to the Lukewarm level,
- Punarnava (Hog weed) (1/2 Teaspoon of root Powder twice a day) with water.
- Pleurisy Root Tincture (6-10 drops) with ½ a cup of warm water twice or thrice a day (Pregnant – Breast Feeding Women may avoid this),
- Shringa Bhasma, ½ – 1 Teaspoon twice a day with Honey (If Kapha is Prominent) or Pure Desi Cow Ghee (If Vata and/or Pitta is prominent).
Other Highly Effective Unconventional Sinusitis Remedies (No Yuck Factor Involved!) (Remember! Colloidal Silver & Colloidal Copper are Best Anti-Bacterial & Anti-Viral around):
- 2-3 Tsp (5-10 mL) Colloidal Silver + 2-3 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice Thrice a Day,
- 2-3 Tsp (5-10 mL) Colloidal CopperThrice a day,
- 6-8 Tsp 100% Pure Organic (only) Wheat Grain Sprouts, Once a Day (1-2 Hours after Breakfast) (Max. 6-8 Tsp),
- Baking Soda(strong alkalising agent): 2 Pinch added to ½ a glass of hot-warm water & drunk Twice-Thrice a day,
- Liberally use A2-Desi-Vedic Cow Ghee in Your Meals,
- Two-Three drops of Herbalised Cow Ghee to each nostril 3-5 Times a day,
- Pure Organic-0% Sugar added Honey + Freshly Cut Lemon Twice-Thrice a day,
- Colloidal Gold (Added in equal proportion to Silver would be Best) 1 Tsp Twice a day.
Favourable: Moong Beans (Vigna Radiata, मूंग दाल), Bengal Gram, Horse Gram with rice, Bitter Vegetables like Bitter Gourd & Fenugreek, Crushed Wheat, Warm Water. Few Favourable Herbs are Celery (Ajmoda), Linseed (Alsi) etc.
Unfavourable: Cold or Humid Air, Stale/Refrigerated Food, Sour, Excessively Oily, Cold or Humid Air, Rice, Ghee, Curd (Other Dairy Products), Sleeping in Daytime, Masturbation, Cold Fruits…
All this accompanied by at least 30-45 minutes of Anulom Velom, and 5-15 minutes of Kapal Bhati (If you can, else, leave it) in the Morning and Evening. Please do not overstrain your body muscles. Also, Ujjayi Pranayama, Jal Neti, Kunjal Kriya (Induced Vomiting) and Singhasana are very beneficial (Obviously, if your Health state Allows it).
Anyway, In all cases, I would advise all to get your copy of my e-book, A Perfect Lifestyle and Eating Habits, from my E-Book Page (Click Here), which clears Most Myths to Lifestyle-Eating Habits, or Visit: http://www.stayhealthytill70.com/category/lifestyleandeatinghabits/.
Caution: Please follow the advice after due Professional Medical Consultation. You accept that you are following any advice given anywhere in this website, after due diligence and at your own responsibility.
Say Yuck! If you have to, but very effective:
Take 30-45-60 mL of Gaudhan Ark (Purified-Distilled Pure Desi Cow’s Urine – The A-2 Type), added to appropriate amount of water to make it comfortable to drink, and drink it prior going to sleep and in the morning, empty stomach.