The Types of Diseases from The Ayurvedic Point of View are:
- Diseases easily curable,
- Diseases curable with some difficulty,
- Ones that can be controlled, but not cured,
- Not curable.
- Now, I have said this elsewhere also, and shall say this again, most of the diseases curable (As high as 75%, if I may dare say so), if we just understand a bit about our body and about what we eat. Now, even if someone has indeed reached The Un-curable Stage, Pranayama and Meditation may still work wonders.
- Also, Diseases can be Exogenous or Innate. Exogenous Diseases occur due nails/teeth biting, exorcism, curse, contact of evil spirits, accident/injury, piercing, twisting, compression, hanging, burns, wounds from weapons, thunder-storm, other infections etc. with organisms etc.
- Innate Diseases originate from imbalance of one or more of the Doshas.
Additionally, Psychic Diseases are caused due non-fulfilment of desires and facing of the undesired. Psychological diseases of the mind are Rajasic and Tamasic.