Gunas of Triphala-Trifala-त्रिफला: Balances Tri-Dosha in the body (VPK =)
Ingredients: Amalaki (Amla, Indian Gooseberry), Haritaki (Harad, Chebula Myrobalan) and Bibhitaki (Baheda, Belleric Myrobalan), Taken in Equal Quantities, but for Specific Conditions, the Ratio may be Tweaked. It has various Tannins and Phenols which are Necessary for Proper Functioning of Human Metabolism.
Indications: Tones Immune System (High Vitamin-C), Digestion, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Cleanses-Detoxes G.I.Tract – Colon, Gastritis, Distention, Parasites; Good for Kapha Conditions, Diabetes, Eyes-Vision-Cataract; Supports Optimum Liver Function.
It is also Beneficial in wide range of other ailments-disorders such as, Purifies-De-Toxifies The Blood, Good Tonic for Respiratory System, Improves Voice (Tones Vocal chords), Good for Hair and so on.
Dosage: It may be Consumed as Follows:
- People Who Understand About Doshas a Bit: 1-2 Teaspoon with Ghee, Honey or Warm Water, Depending on the State of Doshas.
- 1 Teaspoon (Or a Bit Lesser) with Lukewarm Water, 1 – 1.5 Hours After Dinner, Before Sleep.
- If there is Excess Kapha, One May Swallow 3/4th Tsp of Triphala with a Tsp or Two of Honey, followed by Drinking some Lukewarm water.
- Weight Loss: We Just Add a Pinch of Trikatu to Our Dose of Triphala.
- Diabetes: Triphala May be Given along with Gymnema Sylvestre (Gudmar).
Contra-Indications: None has been Reported, even after Consumption Running for Months. But Still, we will follow The Normal Precaution I have Mentioned at many Places on This-Your website, “After Consuming for 2.5 – 3 Months, Have a Break for 15-20 days”.
Overuse/Excess Dose may Make One Feel Nauseatic or make One Even Vomit.