Gunas: Trikatu (V-K-P+) (or Katutraya Churna) is Light (Laghu), Dry (Ruksha) & Pungent (Katu) in Taste. It Pacifies Vata and Kapha. It has ‘Hot Potency’ & Vipaka (Post-Digestive Effect) is Pungent.
Ingredients: Trikatu (V-K-P+) is a Sanskrit word and implies that it consists of Three (Tri) Pungent (Katu) Spices, Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum) + Dry Ginger (सौंठ, Zingiber Officinalis) + Long Pepper (Pippali, Piper Longum) mixed in equal quantities.
Indications: The formulation is Anti-Microbial (Anti-Viral, Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Cancerous), Metabolic Stimulant-Related Disorders (Clears AMA-Toxins from Body-Cleans up Body Srotas-Channels, Bio-Enhancer-Makes Nutrients we intake more Bio-Available, Hyperthyroidism, Anti-Inflammatory) & has positive effects on Digestive-Abdominal System-Related Disorders (Stimulates Digestive Fire-Secretion of Digestive Enzymes, Dissolves & Clears excess Kapha-Mucous from the Body, IBS, Indigestion, Nausea, Loss of Appetite, Obesity-Scrapes excess Fat-Adipose Tissue from Body, Flatulence, Distension, Carminative, Relieves Colic Pain), Respiratory System-Oral Health (Sinusitis, Bronchitis, Asthma-Prevents-Eases Constriction of Alveoli Sacs, Bad Breath…), Circulatory System (Reduces Bad Blood Cholesterol-High B.P., Diabetes-High Blood Sugar Levels, Atherosclerosis), Tones Liver, Spleen & Pancreas (Promotes Bile Flow), Skin Health (Urticaria…)
How may we consume Trikatu (V-K-P+)-Dosage:
- Churna-Powder: ½ Tsp. with a Tsp. or Two of Honey (or A2 Ghee or A2 Milk) & a Cup of Lukewarm Water, 30 minutes before meals, Twice a day,
- Tablets-Capsules: Total consumption not to exceed app. 2 Grams/Day,
- Decoction (Add a Tsp of A2 Ghee to prevent Vitiation of Pitta)…),
- As an Extract (Ark)…
- May use Organic Sugar, Rock Candy, Jaggery, Honey, Other Natural Sugars as desired…
Few Medicinal Benefits of Trikatu (V-K-P+):
- Digestive-Metabolic System Disorders:
- Hyper & Hypo-Thyroidism: 1/4th Tsp with a cup of lukewarm water Twice/Day and/or Few Pinches to a Tablespoon of Jalakumbhi Juice (Good Source of Natural-Bio-Available Iodine),
- Ascites (Abnormal accumulation of fluid in Abdominal-Peritoneal Cavity, usually caused due Liver Disorder/S such as Liver Cirrhosis): Daily afternoon, with Lunch, a glass of Butter-Milk with 1/5th Trikatu and ½ a Tsp. each of Black Cumin Seeds (Kaala Jeera) & Black Seeds (Kalaunji) added to it,
- Respiratory Disorders:
- Cough-Cold-Blocked/Running Nose-Headaches: 1/3rd of Trikatu with 2-3 Tsp. of Honey & a Tsp. or Two of Fresh Lemon Juice added,
- Asthma: Few Pinches each of Trikatu Churna & Pushkarmoola (Inula Racemosa) with 2-3 Tsp. of Honey (Preferable also add 2-3 Tsp. of Fresh Lemon Juice) Twice a Day,
- Skin Related Disorders:
- General Skin Health: Few Pinches each of Trikatu & Haritaki (Harad), 5-10 mL of warm Sesame Oil, Tsp. or Two of Jaggery, all taken with a cup of Hot-Warm water,
Contra-Indications: Minimal doses should be taken (or best avoided) in ‘Vitiated Pitta Cases (Such as Hyper-acidity, Ulcers, Menorrhagia…)’. Best avoided (or Minimal quantities, under supervision of a Medical Practitioner) by Pregnant & Lactating Ladies. In little excess may easily vitiate Pitta & may give side-effects such as Heartburn, Acidity…
Legal Disclaimer: The information in this article is not a Medico-Legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Although I do my best to give you accurate and useful information, you should consult an appropriate Medical Professional before Trying out any of the above Information.