Liver, along with Gall Bladder, Pancreas and Intestines, Digest, Assimilate and metabolize the food we eat. It , among many other things, filters-cleans the blood, detoxifies drugs-chemicals, produces important bio-chemicals for the body, before passing on the blood to the rest of the body.
The Bile released by Liver, digests Fats in the body and assimilates in the blood stream.
The malfunction may happen due varied reasons such as, Excess Oily Food (Actually use of Bad Oils – like Refined Oils etc.), Excess Liquor Consumption, Excess Smoking etc.
Enlarged Liver or Hepatomegaly could be due various reasons like ‘High Blood Cholesterol’, ‘Allergies due some medications’, ‘Toxins in the Blood-Body’, ‘Hepatitis’, ‘Genetic Causes’, and so on…
Few symptoms which would suggest your liver might not be keeping up to the optimum levels could be:
- A bad mouth (Excess ammonia is removed from the system as the blood circulates through the liver, in the form of water soluble compound, urea),
- Skin health starts deteriorating (Also may have white liver spots on skin),
- Your excretions are getting darker on the constant-regular basis,
- Yellowish colour under-within the eyes and under the nails,
- Regular feeling of bitterness in the mouth, the presence of liver enzyme, Byle,
- Ascitis and so on.
Ascitis is when fluid fills the space between the lining of the abdomen and the organs. It usually occurs when the liver stops working properly. Now, there are various Medical Conditions that result due the Organ’s malfunction, though only few are covered in the next post. Follow the Link Ayurvedic-Natural Remedies to Liver Ailments.